We are looking for a committed and motivated Database Editor for our German editorial team. You will work in a small team and will be responsible of expanding and improving the German database by enriching it with specific words and clues for the use of puzzle generation.
About the job
Your role as database editor will be to grow and development the German database with words and clues that will form the fundament for producing high-quality German puzzles and the production of German puzzle magazines. You will mainly work on specific projects focused on expanding Keesing’s possibilities to produce market ready puzzles, working in its in-house developed puzzle-system.
Keesing Media Group is the international market leader of puzzle products. We create content for print and develop app and web-based puzzles. We have 13 offices located in 12 different countries with our Amsterdam office, the headquarters, as the beating heart of the organization. At Keesing Media Group in the west part of Amsterdam all the international and coordinating processes and systems are grouped. Management and development of Keesing’s own international production system is one of the activities.
The German editorial team in Keesing is small, but fierce. It has to be: with just five dedicated people it services Keesing’s part of the German puzzle market. Working closely together with our sales team in Berlin, the team makes sure that all puzzle productions always meet our quality standards and are always on time. They do this either from home or from our spacious Amsterdam office: to keep creativity flowing and to stay connected we encourage teams to keep a 50-50% schedule.
Requirements: Your qualifications
You are a lover of language and trivia and puzzles. We are looking for a person with an outstanding comprehension of the German and English language and speaking Dutch would be a bonus. You also have a sharp eye for guarding the company’s quality standards.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in a field that is language heavy, for example, history, literature, education, etc.
- You are a native-level German speaker and have impeccable writing skills
- You are accurate and enjoy working with databases
- You are analytical and focused on achieving (business) results
- Reliable and organized person and have a precise eye for detail.
What we offer
As a German (database) Editor at Keesing Media Group in Amsterdam, you will become part of a unique employer. You get employee participation, there is a Personal Choice Budget (PKB) that you can use according to your own wishes.
- You get a competitive salary at scale VI of the BTU
- You get a hybrid work structure (from home and from the office)
- You choose a team with driven and warm colleagues that look out for each other
- You choose good digital tools en instruments that help you do your job well
- You opt for a daily in-house lunch, vitality scheme and a puzzle subscription of your choice
Will you join Keesing Media Group in Amsterdam as a German (database) Editor?? You are very welcome in our organization. Leave your application below and receive a response within 5 working days.
Want to know more first? I, Bernie Klunder, would like to get in touch with you. This can be done on WhatsApp, by telephone (0622473264) or by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).